The abundance of coral reefs and healthy waters make San Blas an excellent and unknown area for fishing. Out past the reefs, deep water species occur while inshore species wait for prey at the mouths of rivers and lurk in the coral reefs. You never know what you might catch as there are dozens of species such as barracuda, snapper, mackerel, amber jack, snook and lots of more. Mostly unknown by anglers visiting Panama, lack of fishing infrastructures and equipment there, we have the solution for you!
Your Kuna captain, guide and fishing mate Pedro with his expat friend acting as a English, French and Spanish guide and provider of the line fishing equipment will be part of the trip.
About Pedro, fishing has always been an important part of Pedro’s life. As a child he skipped school and stole rolls of fishing nylon and some hooks to his father to fish from the shore of his village Carti. Pedro managed to finish school, in Panama-City but decided to return to the village of Carti Yandub after 10 years and dedicate his time for his community and work as an ecotourism guide, captain and of course during his time to fish and learn “modern” fishing techniques.
” Fishing is my hobby, I want to learn more about this art that my father introduced to me “
Fishing weekend and more (2 days fishing, one night) in San Blas
$1100.00 (1-2 persons)
$1500.00 (3-4 persons)
Extra night in Chichime island (no fishing): $50.00 pp.
Departure Panama-City 6am on Saturday – arrival in San Blas, Rio Carti around 9am
Departure Chichime 3pm – arrival in Panama-City around 7pm
- Departure Panama-City 6am on Saturday from your hotel with private 4×4 transportation – arrival in San Blas, Rio Carti Barsuku Port around 9am
- Meet with Pedro at the Rio Carti River
- Carti River fishing for snook, snapper, grouper fish and more until noon
- Leave the river Carti Village for a short cultural visit inside Pedro’s village
- Leave the village to Chichime islands and trolling some spots on the way to the island
- Cabins check-in and “relax time”
- Late afternoon trolling fishing around Chichime
- Dinner with “hopefully” your catch of the day cooked by the Kunas
- Have fun!
- Wake-up call at 6am
- Leave Chichime at 7am for trolling fishing and djigging
- Back at noon
- Lunch with “hopefully” your catch of the day cooked by the Kunas
- Relax time, snorkeling
- Departure Chichime 3pm – arrival in Panama-City around 7pm
The tour is flexible, we can drop-off on some islands, snorkel some nice reef spot etc. All can be customized. As you wish! You can also stay some extra nights without fishing if you wish to do so.
- Private Charter Transportation from/to Panama-City (vehicles are not shared with others tourists)
- Kuna Yala Taxes
- Boat “lancha”, experienced fishing Captain, fuel for the two days
- Experienced English, French, Spanish Speaking Mate
- Truly top-of-the line fishing tackle (trolling and casting), bait, and gear
- Cold beer, soft drinks, and bottled water
- Fruits, snacks, and lunch while on board boat
- Private cabins with wooden floor on Chichime islands, shared bathroom
- Dinner, breakfast, lunch on Chicheme Island
- Fishing, Sightseeing, Snorkeling tour
- Lost lures, 10 usd/each
- Snorkeling equipment is sometimes available. We strongly suggest you to bring your own equipment
- Additional beverages, food
Complete this form to book your trip!